"Is it good for Texas? Do we want to secede, or do we want to lead?"
Kinky Friedman is an old-time, blue dog, Harry Truman-style candidate who will fight for the people of the great state of Texas.
Kinky wants to end the prohibition on the medical and personal use of marijuana in Texas. Further, Kinky intends to restore hemp as a top cash crop in Texas, much as it was until its prohibition almost a century ago. He intends to clearly show that legalizing pot is a states' rights issue, as well as a rural development issue, an education funding issue, a water conservation issue, a health care issue, and a criminal justice issue.
It will affect every Texan.
Click any category heading for details
• We are losing the war on drugs
• Legalization means a boon to the economy
• Fund education through taxation/regulation of marijuana
• Medical marijuana really works
• Texans, above all, covet personal freedoms
• Hemp conserves water
• Hemp is more profitable than cotton
• Hemp is environmentally friendly
• Water conservation on the state level needs more cohesion
• More investment is needed in harvesting water
• More research must be funded to advance desalination
• An indigenous environment uses less water
• The redefining of the family farm and the erosion
• Organic farming
• Bring gardens to the children
• With border crossings currently at zero net migration
• We need to create worker guest passes/visas that don’t discourage
• Instead of focusing only on the illegal immigrants
• Law enforcement agencies need to work together
• Feral hogs are a food industry waiting to happen
NewsMonday, April 14, 2014 1:29 AM